Congratulations to the School of Criminal Justice,
Class of 2016!
Commencement for Rutgers University-Newark will take place at the Prudential Center, in downtown Newark, on
Wednesday, May 18, 2016 at 9:00 a.m.
Information you need to know
Admission to Prudential Center
- Tickets are NOT required. Students should arrive at 8:00 a.m. Please have guests arrive at 8:30 a.m. at the Prudential Center, 25 Lafayette Street, Newark, NJ 07102.
- Parking at Rutgers – Newark will be free. There will be a shuttle bus providing free transportation from Rutgers – Newark Campus to the Prudential Center. Patrons who choose to park at or near the Prudential Center are subject to event rates.
For more information, visit: http://www.newark.rutgers.edu/guests-parking-and-directions
- To schedule an appointment at the studio, visit: http://www.lorsstudio.com/schedule. If you do not have access to a computer, you may call Customer Service: 908-964-0847
For more information, please contact the Office of the Dean of Student Life: 973-353-1906
- ALL GRADUATES must wear regalia to participate in the commencement ceremony. If you did not pre-order your cap and gown, it CAN be purchased in person at the Barnes & Noble College Store starting April 18, 2016.
- Bachelor of Science (BS): gold stripe. Cost is approximately $88, included cap, gown, tassel & hood for undergraduates
- Master of Arts (MA): white stripe. Cost is approximately $118, included cap, gown, tassel, hood and stole) for graduate students
Ph.D. gowns must be ordered in person at the Barnes & Noble Bookstore. To process orders for custom gowns a 50% deposit is required. For pricing please contact Wilda Silva.
Be sure to ensure you have the correct hood at pick up: Everyone will have a red stripe to represent RU.
All questions regarding regalia should be addressed to Wilda Silva: email@example.com
- A representatives from various companies will be available for consultations in the lobby of the Paul Robeson Campus Center monthly. For more information, please visit the Barnes and Noble Bookstore at Bradley Hall.
Graduation Information Session
- If you are an undergraduate and you plan to attend the ceremony you must attend a graduation information session. Click here to register.
For more information please visit the commencement website for information pertaining to 2016 Graduation Ceremonies.
For regular updates on commencement click here.
Here is a list of the activities associated with commencement, May 2016. Please mark your calendars.
Tuesday, May 3rd
6:00pm – 8:00pm: SCJ Undergraduate Award Ceremony & Reception.
Lower Level Atrium, CLJ
Thursday, May 12th
12:00pm – 2:00 pm: SCJ MA/PhD Graduate Reception.
CLJ, 5th Floor, West Faculty Wing.
3:00pm – 5:00pm: PhD Student Hooding Ceremony.
Essex Room, Paul Robeson Campus Center. The ceremony will be followed by a reception for doctoral and MFA program graduates and their guests.
4:00pm – 6:00pm: Graduating Student Toast to all 2016 graduates on the Norman Samuels Plaza.
Wednesday, May 18th
9:00am: Undergraduate/M.A. Commencement at Prudential Center.
Doctoral program graduates will be recognized at the ceremony but not hooded.