Applies to any student previously enrolled at any division/campus looking to re-enroll after a leave of absence of at least one semester. Do not submit an application for re-enrollment if you have been dismissed from any division of Rutgers University. You must appeal for re-entry through that school or college’s Scholastic Standings Board or Committee. For additional information, please contact the Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Studies in the School of Criminal Justice, Dr. Christal Harry: (973)353-2521 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The criteria for re-enrollment admission into the Newark School of Criminal Justice (SCJ) is as follows:
- Required Documents
- Graduation Requirements
- College Contact
- Application Deadline/Procedures and Notification Schedule
- Students who have been dismissed from any division of Rutgers University
- Advising/Registration Information
- Re-Enrollment (for students who have attend)
- College Enrollment
- Withdrawal of Application
- Withdrawal after Re-Enrollment
- University Housing
- Accommodations Under ADA/Section 504
- Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF)
- Financial Aid
- Students must have completed a minimum of one academic term as a matriculated student at Rutgers University.
- Students must indicate on their application if they have been or are currently under review for disciplinary action.
3. Conditions of Enrollment
- Academic conditions will be noted in the notification message to reenrolling applicants.
4. Required Documents
- The Office of the Registrar at the Rutgers University-Newark campus will automatically forward the applicant’s Rutgers University academic transcript upon submission of the online application.
- Copies of other college transcripts may be required. If requested, students must forward them to the Office of Admissions, 190 University Avenue, Newark, NJ 07102.
- Academic credentials from a foreign country may be required. If so, these credentials must be evaluated by World Education Services. The credit evaluation must be submitted to Office of Admissions; 190 University Avenue, Newark, NJ 07102.
5. Graduation Requirements
- Students are advised to contact the School of Criminal Justice for any changes to the curriculum. http://catalogs.rutgers.edu/generated/nwk-ug_current/pg1.html
6. College Contact
- Christal Harry, Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Studies, (973)353-2521 or email@example.com
- Megan Kreuziger, School Counselor, (973)353-3029 or firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Application Deadline/Procedures and Notification Schedule
- Students interested in applying for re-enrollment in the School of Criminal Justice – Newark must submit the online application for reenrollment according to the schedule online. We no longer accept paper copies.
- Students are limited to one school/college choice and to one application submission each semester.
- Applicants will receive notification of the re-enrollment decision via the email address provided on the application. See application procedures and timeline for specific dates.
8. Students dismissed from any division of Rutgers University
- If you have been dismissed from any division of Rutgers University you must appeal for re-entry through the Scholastic Board. Do not submit a application for re-enrollment. For additional details, please contact the Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Studies in the School of Criminal Justice, Christal Harry (973)353-2521 or email@example.com.
9. Advising/Registration Information
- We strongly encourage students to contact the Rutgers School of Criminal Justice – Newark to schedule an appointment for academic advisement/registration. Our Undergraduate Academic Adviser can be reached at (973)353-3029.
10a. Re-Enrollment for students who have attended any Rutgers school or college
Students are required to complete the current general education and major curriculum in place at the time of re-enrollment unless otherwise noted
10b. Other Institutions (2- or 4-year) prior to matriculating at any Rutgers school or college
- If the student took courses at another institution prior to transferring to any division of Rutgers University, a new evaluation of those courses will need to be completed. Credit or course equivalences may vary per department/school/campus. Course equivalences are subject to change without notice and may not be awarded for all courses completed outside of Rutgers.
- New Jersey community college course equivalencies information is available at NJ Transfer.
11. College Enrollment
- By submitting a re-enrollment application, a student declares his/her intention to enroll at Rutgers – School of Criminal Justice for the following term. The Office of the Registrar at Rutgers-Newark will change the student’s academic record to indicate the student’s school of registration as the School of Criminal Justice, school code 47, upon acceptance of the re-enrollment application.
12. Withdrawal of Application
- Prior to a decision, an application my withdraw his/her application by visiting the status screen and clicking on “Withdraw My Application.”
13. Withdrawal after Re-Enrollment
- If a student is unable to complete his or her enrollment at the School of Criminal Justice, he/she must notify the department at (973)353-2521 so that his/her college of registration may be modified accordingly. Without this notice, the student’s college of registration will remain School of Criminal Justice, school code 47.
14. University Housing
- Students may contact University Housing at (973)353-1037/1073 or visit their website for additional information and the downloadable housing application.
15. Accommodation Under ADA/Section 504
- Students requiring accommodations should contact the campus coordinator or visit http://robeson.rutgers.edu/studentlife/disability.htm
16. Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF)
- Students applying for re-enrollment must reapply for the EOF program because there is no guarantee that students will continue to receive funds through the EOF program.
- Students who have questions about EOF funding should call the Academic Foundations Center at 973-353-1657 or visit the website: http://www.ncas.rutgers.edu/afc.
17. Financial Aid
- For information on financial aid, re-enrolled students should contact the Office of Financial Aid at 973-353-5151.