Rutgers School of Criminal Justice – Newark (School 47) Re-Enrollment
Applies to any student previously enrolled at any division/campus looking to re-enroll after a leave of absence of at least one semester. Do not submit an application for re-enrollment if you have been dismissed from any division of Rutgers University: you must appeal for re-entry through that school or college’s Scholastic Standings Board or Committee. For additional information, please contact the Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Studies in the School of Criminal Justice, Christal Harry: (973)353-2521 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The criteria for admission into the Newark School of Criminal Justice (SCJ) is as follows:
- Required Documents
- Graduation Requirements
- College Contact
- Application Deadline/Procedures and Notification Schedule
- Students who have been dismissed from any division of Rutgers University
- Advising/Registration Information
- Re-Enrollment (for students who have attend)
- College Enrollment
- Withdrawal of Application
- Withdrawal after Re-Enrollment
- University Housing
- Accommodations Under ADA/Section 504
- Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF)
- Financial Aid
- Students must have completed a minimum of one academic term as a matriculated student at Rutgers University.
- Students must indicate on their application if they have been or are currently under review for disciplinary action.
3. Conditions of enrollment
- Academic conditions will be noted in the notification message to reenrolling applicants.
4. Required Documents
- The Office of the Registrar at the Rutgers University-Newark campus will automatically forward the applicant’s Rutgers University academic transcript upon submission of the online application.
- Copies of other college transcripts may be required. If requested, students must forward them to the Office of Admissions, 190 University Avenue, Newark, NJ 07102.
- Academic credentials from a foreign country may be required. If so, these credentials must be evaluated by World Education Services. The credit evaluation must be submitted to Office of Admissions; 190 University Avenue, Newark, NJ 07102.
5. Graduation Requirements
- Students are advised to contact the School of Criminal Justice for any changes to the curriculum. http://catalogs.rutgers.edu/generated/nwk-ug_current/pg1.html
6. College Contact
- Christal Harry, Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Studies, (973)353-2521 or email@example.com
7. Application Deadline/Procedures and Notification Schedule
- Students interested in applying for re-enrollment in the School of Criminal Justice – Newark must submit the online application for reenrollment according to the schedule online. We no longer accept paper copies.
- Students are limited to one school/college choice and to one application submission each semester.
- Applicants will receive notification of the re-enrollment decision via the email address provided on the application. See application procedures and timeline for specific dates.
8. Students who have been dismissed from any division of Rutgers University
- If you have been dismissed from any division of Rutgers University you must appeal for re-entry through the Scholastic Board. Do not submit a application for re-enrollment. For additional details, please contact the Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Studies in the School of Criminal Justice, Christal Harry (973)353-2521 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Advising/Registration Information
- We strongly encourage students to contact the Rutgers School of Criminal Justice – Newark to schedule an appointment for academic advisement/registration. Our Undergraduate Academic Adviser can be reached at (973)353-3029.
10. Re-Enrollment for students who have attended
——–Any Rutgers school or college
- Students are required to complete the current general education and major curriculum in place at the time of re-enrollment unless otherwise noted.
——–Other Institutions (either 2- or 4-year) prior to matriculating at any Rutgers school or college
- If the student took courses at another institution prior to transferring to any division of Rutgers University, a new evaluation of those courses will need to be completed. Credit or course equivalences may vary per department/school/campus. Course equivalences are subject to change without notice and may not be awarded for all courses completed outside of Rutgers.
- New Jersey community college course equivalencies information is available at NJ Transfer.
11. College Enrollment
- By submitting a re-enrollment application, a student declares his/her intention to enroll at Rutgers – School of Criminal Justice for the following term. The Office of the Registrar at Rutgers-Newark will change the student’s academic record to indicate the student’s school of registration as the School of Criminal Justice, school code 47, upon acceptance of the re-enrollment application.
12. Withdrawal of Application
- Prior to a decision, an application my withdraw his/her application by visiting the status screen and clicking on “Withdraw My Application”.
13. Withdrawal after Re-Enrollment
- If a student is unable to complete his or her enrollment at the School of Criminal Justice, he/she must notify the department at (973)353-2521 so that his/her college of registration may be modified accordingly. Without this notice, the student’s college of registration will remain School of Criminal Justice, school code 47.
14. University Housing
- Students may contact University Housing at (973)353-1037/1073 or visit their website for additional information and the downloadable housing application.
15. Accommodation Under ADA/Section 504
- Students requiring accommodations should contact the campus coordinator or visit http://robeson.rutgers.edu/studentlife/disability.htm
16. Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF)
- Students applying for re-enrollment must reapply for the EOF program because there is no guarantee that students will continue to receive funds through the EOF program.
- Students who have questions about EOF funding should call the Academic Foundations Center at 973-353-1657 or visit the website: http://www.ncas.rutgers.edu/afc.
17. Financial Aid
- For information on financial aid, re-enrolled students should contact the Office of Financial Aid at 973-353-5151.