Rutgers University School of Criminal Justice Alumni Awards
Each Spring the Rutgers University School of Criminal Justice (SCJ) celebrates and recognizes the achievements of its alumni by hosting a celebratory luncheon. With its inaugural event to be held in April 2021, the annual celebration is the culmination of the year’s alumni awards process. The celebration presents an opportunity for faculty and staff to host the School’s recent and distant graduates, to learn about and discuss the achievements of former students, and to distinguish these achievements across three different award categories. Descriptions of each alumni award and past winners are as follows:
Lifetime Achievement Award
Presented in recognition of life-long contributions to the field of criminal justice through career accomplishments and the furtherance of social justice.
Early Career Excellence Award
Presented in recognition for a record of significant accomplishment in the field of criminal justice within 5 years of graduating from the School.
Outstanding Service Award
Presented in recognition for civic engagement and the furtherance of social justice in one’s community (local, state, national, international) and/or demonstrated service to the University and/or School.
The nomination window for alumni awards opens on September 1st and closes on January 15th of each year.
Nominations must be must include the following documents:
1. a resume, curriculum vita, or professional biography of the nominee;
2. a one-page statement about the accomplishments of the nominee that communicates why they should be considered for the award to which they are being nominated;
3. an accompanying letter of support from an individual who is not the nominator or nominee.
All nominees must meet the following minimum criteria:
1. Hold an undergraduate degree conferred by the Rutgers University School of Criminal Justice.
2. Be in good standing in accordance with professional ethical standards and federal, state, and local laws.
Nominations will be reviewed by the members of the School’s Undergraduate Committee working in tandem with the President of the School’s Alumni Association. Awardees will be notified by March 1st that they have received an award. An individual may receive different awards across different years but cannot receive the same award twice.
Nominations should be sent to email@example.com
Questions about one of our alumni awards? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org